Germiston

Named after a Glaswegian farm, the city of Germiston is situated on the Witwatersrand, southeast of Johannesburg and in the Ekurhuleni municipality. Germiston was founded in 1886 to provide accommodation for mine workers following the discovery of gold on the Witwatersrand. It became a town in 1903 and was declared a city in 1950. 

Germiston Highlights

Neighbourhood Stories

Neighbourhood Video