About the Gauteng Convention & Events Bureau
With South Africa being the gateway to Africa, Gauteng is where it all starts, with an extensive track record of staging successful conferences and events. It is the epicentre of South Africa’s business events industry, offering world-class venues and infrastructure for meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions and events.
Helping to increase the province’s high-yield business tourism market, the Gauteng Convention & Events Bureau (GCEB) provides information and assistance to meeting and incentives planners, the media, corporates and association buyers who show an interest in one of the five regions that it promotes.
Support services include standard bid support material, venue and accommodation sourcing, and using networks to gain local association and promotional support. Using its extensive list of key stakeholders, such as airlines, hotels, venues, tour operators and government protocol offices, the bureau is capable of delivering quality services to interested parties.
The bureau assists professional meeting planners, destination management companies, event organisers, associations and corporate buyers with:
- Bid assistance for national and international events/conferences/meetings
- Corporate events and incentive concepts
- Access to support services and service providers
- Provision of destination marketing material
- Airport welcome and departure desk
- Supplying a list of accredited Gauteng professional conference organisers
- Delegation boosting
- Convention planning support
- Site inspection
Support services offered by the Gauteng Convention & Events Bureau
Pre- and post-bid assistance
- Bid promotion support material
- Bid site inspection (flight arrangements excluded)
Convention planning support
- Site inspection
- Delegation boosting (building attendance)
- Destination web links to conference websites
- Introduction to service suppliers
- Endorsement letters
- Accommodation options
- Facilitation of stakeholder engagement
- Negotiating rates with conference venues, hotels, tour operators etc.
On-site event services
- Welcome desk (airport welcome and departure desk)
- Pre- and post-tours and accompanying programmes
- Assisting with local logistical arrangements
If you are organising a meeting, convention, event or incentive trip to Gauteng, the bureau is a valuable source of information and assistance. Contact the GCEB to make it happen and enhance your event.
Tel: +27 (0)11 085 2500
Gauteng Convention & Events Bureau membership
Members of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) have access to the wealth of information contained in the ICCA database of key international meetings, allowing them to benchmark themselves against their industry peers. Gauteng as a convention destination can compare itself to other long-haul convention cities. The endorsement by the ICCA has contributed to the success of Gauteng being able to attract international meetings to the destination, thereby drawing foreign investment, which ultimately leads to economic growth and job creation
The Southern African Association for the Conference Industry (SAACI) stays at the forefront of the latest industry trends and developments and constantly informs members of happenings/updates. But it also serves as an industry mouthpiece to the government and other organised bodies. SAACI membership is not only an indicator that business maintains a certain level of professionalism, but it offers quality networking opportunities.
DMAI – Destination Marketing Association International