In all the policies and disclaimers below, the following acronyms, words and phrases have been used and shall have the meanings ascribed below:
1.1. The “GTA” means the Gauteng Tourism Authority.
1.2. “The site” means www.gauteng.net and its hosted microsites, irrespective of the device used to access it.
In all the policies and disclaimers below:
2.1. The singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
2.2. The masculine gender shall include the feminine and neuter genders and vice versa.
2.3. Unless otherwise indicated, any meaning ascribed to a word, phrase or expression used on these pages shall bear the same meaning wherever it appears thereafter.
When linking to www.gauteng.net, please hyperlink on words that relate to the content you are linking to, which helps your user and improves our and your search engine optimisation.
Choose from this selection of text links to place on your website:
- Are you looking for the ultimate guide to everything that Gauteng has to offer?
- You’ll find a list of Gauteng’s top attractions on the Gauteng tourism website
- Visit the Gauteng tourism website for an extensive guide to everything you need to know when exploring Gauteng.
- Gauteng is Africa’s ultimate business tourism destination and you can see why on the Gauteng tourism website.
Conditions of use
By providing a hyperlink to the official Gauteng Tourism Authority (GTA) website (or associated site) you are agreeing to abide by the GTA’s terms and conditions. Acceptance of these terms also extends to the GTA keeping records of your links, which will be held in accordance with the GTA privacy statement for periodic inspection and tracking purposes.
The Gauteng Tourism Authority will not be held responsible for any technical issues or failures relating to the installation of this link, but will endeavour to offer advice if required.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to contact Gauteng Tourism, please write via email to email@example.com.
The Gauteng Tourism Authority has developed an electronic business platform which provides capability to disseminate information on Gauteng and travel to Gauteng to interested parties.
The GTA may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the site; the pages that you access while at the site and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the site, analyse trends, and administer the site. We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to address new issues and reflect changes on our site. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose that information to anyone. Please refer back to this policy regularly.
This policy is applicable to all users who make use of the Gauteng Tourism Authority websites.
- Any person making use of the Gauteng Tourism Authority website
Collection and use of personal information
Users registering on any of the Gauteng Tourism Authority websites may be required to provide personal information.
The personal information collected on this site is used for the purpose for which it is requested:
- Contact information for stakeholders seeking information is collected in order for us to contact that person to provide information about our services. This information may be stored on our servers in South Africa. Such information is usually deleted as space requires or in the normal course of business, but can be amended or deleted upon request. To review, amend, or delete user information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Users are required to provide their name, contact information and the approximate dates they visited the websites and/or called the call centre
- Contact information, such as user name, address, telephone number, or email address, for consumers, investors or customers with questions, concerns, complaints, inquires, requests for information or technical support questions, is used to respond to the request for information. This information may be stored on our servers in South Africa. Such information is usually deleted as space requires or in the normal course of business, but can be amended or deleted upon request. To review, amend, or delete user information, contact email@example.com. Users are required to provide their name, contact information and the approximate dates they visited the websites
- When signing up for an email newsletter or alert at the websites, Gauteng Tourism Authority will use that address to deliver the email newsletter that has been requested. To review or delete user information or to opt-out of any newsletter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gauteng Tourism Authority will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Collection and use of non-personal information
The Gauteng Tourism Authority websites may use persistent cookies, clear GIFs and log file information (such as Internet Protocol Address and referring URLs) about user activity at this site in order to understand website usage and to resolve any problems, for example, in navigation thus enhancing the user experience at this site. Information about those cookies or website usage is not combined with either the any ad-serving cookies or email cookies nor is information about the cookie or log file information linked with any personal information a user may have provided at the website/s.
In addition, the Gauteng Tourism Authority may serve ads on its websites. In doing so our ad server will place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on a user’s computer and will use non-personal information about the user’s browser and activity at this site to serve ads to them on this and other sites.
If a user has visited this site by clicking on a banner ad for our products and services, a temporary or "session" cookie may be set on the user’s browser. This cookie will contain either an identification number for the ad that was clicked on, or will contain an identification number for the site that was visited when the user clicked on the banner ad.
After the user has arrived at any of the Gauteng Tourism Authority websites, and requests further information from the Gauteng Tourism Authority about their products and services, the personal information provided during that request will be linked to the information in the session cookie so that the Gauteng Tourism Authority’s Marketing Department can measure the effectiveness of the advertising.
This "linking" will not be used to target future advertisements to the user or to send the user emails about future goods and services, unless indicated by the user on the product request page. As this is a session cookie, it will disappear from the user’s cookie folder once the browser has been closed. If the user returns to the site via one of the Gauteng Tourism Authority ads, they will appear as a new visitor until they provide further personal information.
Information sharing or disclosure
The Gauteng Tourism Authority may provide user’s information to their agents, or their agents may collect information from users on their behalf if the Gauteng Tourism Authority has contracted with a third party to provide some part of the information or service that the user has requested. By written agreement, these agents are required to implement similar security measures and will process user information only as authorised by Gauteng Tourism Authority to fulfil the service that they have been contracted to provide.
Other than agents who act on the Gauteng Tourism Authority's behalf, information provided by users at this site will not be transferred to unrelated third parties, unless the Gauteng Tourism Authority has user’s permission to do so. Personal information provided to this site is subject to disclosure pursuant to legislative and regulatory requirements, judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants or orders.
Confidentiality and security
The Gauteng Tourism Authority may amend this policy from time to time. Please return to this page from time to time to ensure you stay up-to-date with any changes to the policy. For questions or concerns about the information collected or used at this site, please contact email@example.com.
Changes in corporate structure
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to contact the Gauteng Tourism Authority, please write via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.