Homo naledi is coming back to the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site. The Almost Human exhibition will open on 25 May 2017 at The Gallery exhibition space at Maropeng Visitor Centre. The centre is located between the Witwatersberg and Magaliesberg mountain ranges.
The exhibition mainly tracks the story of the Rising Star cave expedition and the discoveries made in it, most notably the Homo naledi remains. New to the exhibition will be the recently announced discoveries made in the Lesedi chamber of the cave system, including the skeleton named "Neo", and information about the scientists' ongoing research. The Maropeng Visitor Centre is open from 9am to 5pm every day.
Tickets to the general exhibition will grant you access to the Almost Human exhibition and they cost:
- R120 for adults
- R65 for pensioners (on presentation of a valid ID)
- R75 for students (on presentation of a valid student card)
- R65 per pupil for school groups
- R65 for children aged four to 14 years old)
- Free entrance for children under four